Thursday, October 21, 2010

One week after my Endonasal Transphenoidal Endoscopic Resection of Pituitary Tumor

I decided to start my blog from the day I decided to start a blog!
One week after my surgery I am feeling some changes. I can run my tongue across the outside of my top teeth. I can get my finger in the same spot. Previously, so swollen, I couldn't remove anything that may have gotten up there. I am lisping and having difficulty speaking with the swelling of lips and tongue so this should improve too.
I don't see my edno or surgeon for another three weeks. Right now I am to take it easy and am on hydrocortisone to keep my cortisol levels in check and desmopressin acetate for diabetes insipidus, an antidiuretic.
I have some nasal draining but is much better. I am a little light headed much like a head cold. Some headache throughout the week which Tylenol helped and an occasional oxycodone. I have had an appetite that I have needed to suppress and that hasn't changed. I am never full and being depressed and with nothing to do eating is something pleasurable. I seem to sleep differently. I will be laying in bed get really tired and drop off for a few hours only. I wake up sweaty which is not unusual because I have had intolerance to heat for several years and thought it was menopause. In winter I sleep with only a sheet. The sleep change is the dropping off, like I can feel the melatonin put me to sleep like a drug. I wake up differently too. It used to take me hours to get out of bed. But, these things may possibly be affected by the hydrocortisone. Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment